The Victoria Buzz 1K Family Fun Run at TOUCH A TRUCK
Victoria Buzz 1K Family Fun Run at TOUCH A TRUCK
Sunday, May 27, 2018 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Panorama Recreation Centre
TOUCH A TRUCK invites kids of all ages to get behind the wheel of vehicles ranging from firetrucks, police cars and ambulances to excavators, dump trucks and cement trucks. This year's event includes a BBQ, face painting, a bouncy castle, family activities and the first ever Victoria Buzz 1K Family Fun Run. Team 4 Hope’s 2018 TOUCH A TRUCK is brought to you by Island Savings, make sure to follow the TOUCH A TRUCK Facebook page for more event details.
Victoria Buzz 1K Family Fun Run Registration*
Register your family for the free Victoria Buzz 1K Family Fun Run and start fundraising to be entered to win great prizes. If you raise $100 you’ll receive a free TOUCH A TRUCK t-shirt and automatically gain additional entries for every $100 you raise.
* All attendees must purchase tickets to the TOUCH A TRUCK event. Tickets are available on the Team 4 Hope website. Purchase tickets in advance and save.
Event day schedule:
- 11:00 am – TOUCH A TRUCK gates open & activities begin
- 12:45 pm – Runners and walkers gather at the start line
- 1:00 pm – Victoria Buzz 1K Family Fun Run Starts!
- 1:30 pm – Prizes in Coast Capital Savings Finish Line Lounge
- 3:00 pm - Event concludes
On average, 22 kids from Vancouver Island are treated at BC Children’s Hospital every day – that is almost one every hour.
All funds raised through the 1K Victoria Buzz Fun Run and TOUCH A TRUCK will support pediatric oncology research at BC Children’s Hospital. Did you know:
- Each year, about 145 new cases of childhood cancer are diagnosed – that is equal to four classrooms of children.
- 25 years ago, 70% of children diagnosed with certain types of cancer died. Today more than 80% survive.
- The BCCH Research Institute is the largest child health research institute in Western Canada and is one of the few institutes in the world dedicated to child and family health.